We all know about Blue Monday, right? Seen to be the most miserable day of the year due to the weather, the post-Christmas slump, the state of our finances and the struggle to keep any resolutions you might have made on track. But here at Talking FreELY we’ve got a welcome distraction for you – a brand new competition to lead us into our next pop up café in March!
Whether you consider yourself a semi-professional photographer or are just a fan of snapping photos of your cat (#caturday!), we want you to send us your photos around the theme of “Blue”. This can either be interpreted literally as the colour, or it can be represented as an emotion. Feel free to be creative!
We recommend a minimum image resolution of 2000 × 1600, image size of 8 × 10 inches, and/or a file size of 2 MB or higher. Images can be landscape or portrait.
Entries must be submitted to email@example.com by noon on the 18th February. Please make sure you include your full name, address and contact telephone number in your email. The entries will be judged by Barry Badcock LRPS and at least one other judge (TBC), and all entries will be exhibited at the next Talking FreELY event on the 3rd March. We will also be awarding prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place at the event!
For full terms and conditions, see below. We can’t wait to see your entries!
- Entrants must be based in the UK.
- Entrants must hold the rights to the photo/s they are submitting and agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined. Submission of photos will be counted as an acknowledgement of these and agreement of their responsibility to ensure these conditions are met.
- Entrants must have taken the image themselves.
- Images must be of an appropriate nature, anything politically motivated, obscene, or anything that could be deemed offensive will be excluded from the competition.
- Only emailed photographs will be accepted. We are unable to accept physical copies.
- A maximum of 3 photos per entrant.
It is understood that photos submitted are subject to the following agreements:
- Talking FreELY can use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission with a suitable credit to the photographer.
- Talking FreELY can use the photograph in non-commercial communications and is able to alter or add to the images as needed (e.g. cropping and over-lays).
- Talking FreELY can use, in connection with the Photography Competition, your name in promotions and other publications.
- Talking FreELY can keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
- Permission of any person contained in the images must be sought by the entrant, it is understood that this is not the responsibility of Talking FreELY.