Poetry is a popular and creative way to open up conversation around mental health.Creative outlets can reduce stress, increase brain function and make us more mindful. With that in mind, Talking FreELY are launching a poetry competition to coincide with National Poetry Day.
We are encouraging poets of all ages and abilities to submit their work to our competition. In keeping with National Poetry Day we are looking for poems that ‘Talk FreELY’ about mental health and incorporate the official theme of ‘Freedom’. The interpretation of this however, is entirely up to you.
Submissions can be emailed to us at email@example.com before the closing date of 5pm on October 27th 2017. These will then be sent on to our three fantastic judges, who we will be announcing in due course!
We will be publishing a selection of poems via our website and social media channels. The winning entry will be announced and read out at our next Talking FreELY event on 4th November 2017 with the author winning a brand new Lumie Vitamin L light therapy light.
Competition Ts&Cs (to be confirmed)
1. Open to UK residents only.
2. Entrants must email their poem to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the 27th October, along with their full name, address and a telephone number.
3. One entry per person. Bulk and/or third party entries will be void.
4. Entries must be original works, and must not have been previously published elsewhere.
5. All entrants consent to their submitted pieces being published by Talking FreELY online.
6. The decision of our judges will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.